Funded Nursery Education in Redditch
Do you have a 2 year old?
Are you entitled to funded nursery education for your child?
You may be eligible for free nursery education at our nursery through a Grant Funded childcare place for your two year old if you receive any one of the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA).
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit provided your annual household income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Your child is looked after by the local authority (under section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989)
- The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- The child has a current statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health and Care plan
- The child qualifies for Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
When will my child be entitled to a place?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, your child will be entitled to a place from the start of term following their second birthday, beginning on or following the dates set out below:
- Children born in the period 1st January to 31st March: 1st April (Summer term), as applicable
- Children born in the period 1st April to 31st August: 1st September (Autumn term), as applicable
- Children born in the period 1st September to 31st December: 1st January (Spring term), as applicable
- Your application can only be considered 3 months prior to your child’s entitlement date.
How many hours can I have?
Your free childcare grant funded entitlement is for 570 hours per year. The maximum number of hours is for 15 hours a week for 38 weeks per year during term time. Our nursery can also offer you fewer than 15 hours per week but for more weeks of the year.
How do I apply?
Families who believe they meet the economic criteria above should apply for two year funding at: www.worcestershire.gov.uk/freechildcare
Once approved you will be provided with a Confirmation Certificate – when you are in receipt of this please contact us on 01527 67776 to arrange a visit and discuss your requirements.